It was a long, ever-changing list.
Now, it's people (globally) who:
1) Know what's precious and what's worthless,
2) Reverence all of the set-apart times,
3) Ask dangerous questions seeking truth,
4) The first to run into a burning building,
5) Those standing for law and order in a world
of widening chaos of every kind,
6) The actor who humbly volunteers at a hospital
without being recognized or applauded,
7) The 20-year surgeon who weeps for his patients,
8) A four-star general who tells a soldier's wife
and child they're his heroes,
9) The customer who pays your college tuition,
10) The person who likes my art!
11) The teacher whose students call her "Mom,"
12) A royal prince who wears the dog tags of a KIA,
13) The transparent prime time talk show host,
14) Someone who's poured themselves into
a thousand songs in a diary, but never had
the courage to show a soul,
15) The superstar athlete who loves the gift giver,
16) Those who love horses, The Horse Whisperer,
The Man from Snowy River, and Seabiscuit,
17) Prodigy violinists and four-octave vocalists,
18) People with great (true) campfire stories.
"We welcome you to drop-in, join us for a meal,
and spend the night, anytime, no invitation needed.
Our lamps are full and our wicks are trimmed."
That's the artist's list.
Who's on yours?
A Helping Hand
Leonardo da Vinci: "The noblest pleasure
is the joy of understanding."
This Texas Painter is "The No Kitsch Artist" from Pennsylvania